The 500 Festival has selected nine marching bands from across the U.S. to perform in the 67th annual AES 500 Festival Parade, on Saturday, May 27 in downtown Indianapolis. Featured guests, VIPs, and the 33 drivers competing in the 107th Running of the Indianapolis 500, presented by Gainbridge, will also be appearing in the Parade.
At the AES 500 Festival Parade, nine nationally recognized bands will march the streets of downtown Indianapolis for one of the nation’s largest and most respected parades, consistently earning national acclaim alongside the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The selected marching bands will perform for more than 200,000 spectators and help celebrate this year’s theme, Fueling May.
- Clearfield Bison Band, Clearfield Area Jr./Sr. High School (Clearfield, Pa.)
- Indiana All-Star Marching Band, National Band Association (Zionsville, Ind.)
- Indianapolis Public Schools All-City Marching Band (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Montgomery County United Band, Crawfordsville, North Montgomery, and Southmont Schools (Montgomery County, Ind.)
- Purdue "All-American” Marching Band, Purdue University (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Speedway 500 Regiment, Speedway High School (Speedway, Ind.)
- The Force of Winchester, Winchester Community High School (Winchester, Ind.)
- Tiger Pride Band, Northwestern High School (Kokomo, Ind.)
- 38th Infantry Division Band, Indiana National Guard (Indianapolis, Ind.)
“We are thrilled to have these talented musicians as a part of this year’s AES 500 Festival Parade,” said Bob Bryant, president and CEO of the 500 Festival. “Their lively performances will bring an elated energy and spirit to the city’s biggest race-weekend celebration!”
The AES 500 Festival Parade will also present multiple featured guests and VIP appearances including actors, civic leaders, 500 Festival Board of Directors, Indianapolis Motor Speedway executives, athletes, and more.
- Eric Holcomb – Honorable Governor of Indiana
- Joe Hogsett – Honorable Mayor of Indianapolis
- Frank Shorter – Grand Marshal
- Sarah Fisher O’Gara - Chair of 500 Festival Board of Directors
- Doug Boles – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Tara Cocanower – Indiana Teacher of the Year
- Players from the Indy Eleven
- Carl Erskine's family and Ted Green
- Six OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon Alumnae who have run every race since inception
The 2023 AES 500 Festival Parade will take place on Saturday, May 27, with festivities starting at 11:45 a.m. ET in downtown Indianapolis, and the Parade starting at noon.
AES 500 Festival Parade tickets can be purchased at 500festival.com/tickets or by calling (317) 614-6400. The AES 500 Festival Parade will be broadcast nationally on Peacock and to the Indianapolis market on WTHR, Channel 13.
For more information about the AES 500 Festival Parade, please visit 500festival.com/parade or search #aes500Parade on social media.