The 500 Festival is seeking thousands of community volunteers to help fuel the Month of May
INDIANAPOLIS (January 10, 2024) – The 500 Festival announces today that registration is now open for the 500 Festival Volunteer Program, presented by Citizens Energy Group at 500Festival.com/volunteer.
The 500 Festival events and programs would not be possible without the help of 3,000+ dedicated volunteers across 100+ roles each year. Opportunities from February-May 2024 are open, and include but are not limited to:
- Distributing snacks and beverages at for the finish line of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
- Staffing various games and activities at the Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kid’s’ Day & Rookie Run
- Greeting and helping spectators find their seats as an usher for the AES 500 Festival Parade
- Hosting 4th-grade class study trips at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of the 500 Festival & Indianapolis 500 Education Program, presented by Indiana University Health
“The 500 Festival is truly centered around community, with our community volunteers acting as the driving force of our events and programs,” said Bob Bryant, president and CEO of the 500 Festival. “We appreciate each and every one of our volunteers and the dedication they bring throughout the Month of May. It is a unique and rewarding experience that our volunteers return for year after year.”
In addition to an unforgettable experience, 500 Festival volunteers will receive:
- A free commemorative volunteer t-shirt and collector’s pin
- Special access at 500 Festival programs and events
- Invitation to the 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day on May 18 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Must be registered for at least one shift by 5 p.m. on 4/10/24 to receive an invitation
- Two tickets to Indianapolis 500 Qualifications on May 18
- Must RSVP to Volunteer Appreciation Day to receive tickets
Individuals may register to become a volunteer at 500Festival.com/Volunteer.
The 500 Festival Volunteer Program is presented by Citizens Energy Group, with additional support from HotBox Pizza and Aqua Systems.